I have decided to do a personal project to photograph 100 Strangers.
This will give me experience in approaching strangers, producing good quality interesting portraits in restricted circumstances and establishing a rapport with the subject.
This project appeals to me as it will hopefully push me outside my comfort zone in quite a few ways. Approaching strangers and trying to capture some aspect of their personality in a short space of time , appeals. The organisation needed to have the shoot relaxed and keep the key information should be a challenge for me. (;-) And not least , whether i will have the tenacity to complete the project and keep a high standard of input.
In addition to the 100 Strangers rules, I have added a few of my own
So here are the rules I intend to abide by :
- One stranger a day
- No Candid Shots
- Picture must be with consent of the subject
- No kids, inanimate objects or pets ( aka the obvious )
- Provide a description containing the following :
- The first name of the person
- The number of the subject you have photographed.
- Who is he/she?
- How did we meet?
- What prop appealed to the subject?
- what is their favourite hobby?
- Photographic technique
- My approach (optional)
- Observations/comments (optional)
You can see the group here.